Personal stylists often write a list of the top ten items that they believe every woman should own. Often it includes a white shirt, a black dress, a trench coat…. items too generic in taste for my liking in terms of color, lifestyle and individual style.
Here is my list:
1) A piece of jewelry of great sentimental value – and who cares if it is costume or real?
2) A pair of shoes that make her feet SMILE.
3) An item she loves so much she’d like to buy more in her favorite colors (or have them made) and for this to be her uniform.
Prairie Underground Cloak Hoodie (in organic cotton) would be my choice
4) A hand bag that sits right on her shoulder….and is just the right size.
5) A fabulous find from a second hand store that no one can believe she found “there”!
6) A secret weapon for bad hair days.
For some this might be a hat, headband or turban. For me, it’s the common hair tie.
7) A handmade or re-fashioned item: a necklace, a scarf…maybe a sweater?
8) A customized hand selected palette of her best colors
9) Personalized style guidelines from an expert or a lot of self study
And the last thing she should own?
10) Her unique beauty (which will be a cinch after 1-9)
Tell me about some of the items you have on this list! And, does this list feel right to you or how would you change it? I’d love to know.